Monday, December 10, 2012

Doomsday Preppers

Last night my husband and I happened upon a show called Doomsday Preppers on nat Geo. Now if you have never seen this show its probably one of the craziest reality tv shows I've seen so far. Each episode follows 2 different groups of people who are prepping for some kind of end of the world scenario.

I'm not sure which is scarier, that there is a whole show devoted to people obsessed with the end of the world, or that there is a company that goes around and rates these people to tell them how long they think they can survive. (Practical Preppers). They even have their own app, if you check the nat geo website you can find it.

Now I'm all for being prepared. I get the canned goods and the self sufficient water supply. I'm even a huge fan of solar and wind power. Seriously though, I feel bad for all of those kids whose dads drill into them the world is going to end day after day. It makes you wonder what their therapy bill is going to cost when then turn 25 and finally move away from their parents. If it was me I'd probably go across country.
Anyways, The show is pretty interesting in a crazy way. It doesn't make me want to teach my 4 year old to shoot, but it was a decent way to pass some time this once.

No comments:

Post a Comment